The Car Rental Module has been completely redesigned to allow for better integration/interaction between the Logistics Officers/Managers and the Project Managers.
- Every project that requires Car Rental MUST have a budget for car rental. It does not matter if the Car would be provided by a Third Party or if it will be Telinno’s car.
- If the PM did not provide the Car Rental budget when activating the project, he has to set the Car Rental Budget on the Car Rental Budget Request module.
- Car Rental cannot be assigned to any project without a Rental Budget. Therefore, each PM must ensure they state their Rental budgets
- If the new Car Rental budget + the project budget is more than 40% of the PO Value for that project, the CM has to approve the Rental Budget before it will be available for Car to be assigned to it.
- Each time a PM needs car rental for his project, he/she will request for Car Rental on ‘Geniee and indicate the type of Car he/she wants and the duration.
- Car Rentals cannot be assigned to a project once it has been marked as Work Completed
- You cannot assign Car Rental to a project that does not have a Car Rental Budgetb.
- You can assign one car to more than one project. You must, however, state how the rental cost should be divided among the selected projects.c.
- The rental cost cannot be greater than the rental budget indicated for the projectd.
- With each rental request, Geniee sums up the cumulative expenses and compares against your rental budget. Once the limit is reached, you will no longer be able to request for Car Rental on that project.e.
- Once a PM has made a Car Rental request on ‘Geniee, the Logistics Officer/Manager will then assign a Car to that project and update same on Geniee.
- Once the activity is completed, the Logistics Officer/Manager will go to the Rental Activity Closure module to close the rental activity. He will indicate the actual duration the car was used and the actual cost.
- If a project has an existing unclosed Rental Activity, the PM will be unable to mark it as Work Completed
- After the Logistics Officer/Manager has closed the Rental Activity, it goes to the Country Manager to approve. The reason for this is that the CM is expected to approve every expense in his/her OpCo.
- After the CM has approved, it goes to the Audit Team for view and payment processing.
- State the duration/number of days the car would be used for
- Type in your car rental budget for the project. This budget represents the total amount you intend to spend on Car rental for that project